Embarrasing moment....

Okay so it's not THAT embarrassing it sure felt like it could have been!
We get home from my parents today and I jumped in the shower real fast and got into comfy clothes, then Tragan wanted to go play, so I took the kids down to the park this afternoon, like around 6:30. No makeup, wet hair, and PJs. I laid out the blanket, in the corner of the playground and put McKenna down with her toys, and Tragan ran off to play. As I went to sit down and crossed my legs, my knee did something funky and locked on me in the most PAINFUL position ever! Oh no, this isn't the first time it happened. It did it twice before, once being at the hotel when Kenny got home from Iraq....lol not cool!! Anyway, I knew it wasn't going to be easy to get it back in place, and I'm looking around thinking "Do I DARE ask someone to come help me?? What could they possibly do?!" So I called Kenny freaking out, yet at the same time hoping none of the other mothers at the playground would notice my spastic behavior. He says to call a neighbor and I'm thinking "no way! I'm too embarrassed they won't be able to help anyway!" So my plan was to stay there, in that exact same position for an hour until Kenny could get home to calm me down. All the while thinking, oh crap, it's getting dark and McKenna is getting cold, people are going to think I'm a psycho mom for letting my kid freeze. I couldn't even pick her up so I was praying she wouldn't get fussy and Tragan wouldn't run off because I couldn't go get him! A sister in the ward even came over to talk to me for a second and I played off like nothing was wrong and I was fine, I'm a dork! She left and I was still locked in position. Somehow I moved the leg back in the position it was before and it went back into place. PHEW!! Nightmare avoided! - somewhat! Anyway, what a night. I hate the "Spence Knees"!!

3 comments:

ali-dot-e said...

You are crazy!! Just let someone help you!! You make me laugh, your just like me, I would have sat there too! I am glad that everything worked out though, thanks for sharing!

Robyn said...

So funny :) So now that I'm your VT you're supposed to let me help you! But I totally get the embarrassment and the "what do I do now" scenario! :) Hope it's all better--thanks for the comment on my blog :)

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

I hope it wasn't me that you let talk to you like nothing was wrong! Good grief lady! I thought you were going to say you had a big split in your pants or something...!