
I should have run for the door. I say I want a trim. Maybe an inch or two off. I WAS NOT GOING FOR THE KATE CUT YET!!! She tells me to bend my head down. Then I feel the snip of the sizzors...and it's at my hairline in the back of my neck. I'm terrified by this point, I can't even look in the mirror. She tells me to turn my head to one side. SNIP SNIP SNIP. Next side. SNIP SNIP SNIP. Then I look in the mirror.

She says we're finished and asks if I like it. "Ummm it's short" I say. So I stand up and look in a full length mirror and the terror trembling inside is just getting worse and worse.
My mom's turn is next.
She shows her two pictures as to what she wants it to look like. I go sit down for a minute to handle McKenna and a couple minutes later come to look at her. She has the look on her face that I am feeling inside. I can't help but laugh thinking we are going to have to buy wigs before we go home to our husbands. Thankfully another hair dresser at the salon helped me fix mine before I left. Now, I have hardly any hair, and neither does my mom. We laughed all the way home and I told her over and over again, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry!
When we got back to my mom's house Tragans initial reaction to my mom's cut was "It's not beautiful!" And mine was just "Ugly hair mom".
Needless to say, neither my mom or I got much sleep that night. I have kind of figured out how to do it. Mom feels the same about hers. So if you happen to see us, be kind. NO more great clips for us. But it was a hilarious Saturday, and a definite memory!
3 comments:
Post a picture!!
You are so funny Britny! I'm trying hard not to laugh out loud because everyone is sleeping at my house! I'm not laughing at your pain I promise! You just have the best way of telling stories I LOVE it!! I too wouldn't mind a photo...I promise I won't laugh.
FUNNY pictures! But true, you can't tell a great story like that without posting before and afters!
I'm so glad to have found you again! After I changed the name of my blog and then went private, blogger did some strange things to my links. Send me an email: harksarama@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite!
Post a Comment