Tragans WANTS...everything...



For Tragans birthday, his wonderful Grandma Great sent him a lot of money...
Which he was extremely grateful for, giving that he had a list of things he wanted. (This is nothing new) So off we went to the dollar store and he quickly picked out what he wanted. Another light saber, and a machine gun. Then he so kindly picked out a 'Pretty Pony' for McKenna, which she was thrilled about.

He didn't understand that the three things he bought only cost a fraction of what he recieved from Grandma Great. So I planned to keep the money for his savings account, or hold on to it until the next 'I want'. Well it wasn't 24 hours before the next 'I want'. He had seen a Black and Decker tool set at Walmart a while back and instantly remembered he wanted that when he was working at dads shop with him. So I looked it up online and it was 7 more dollars than he had. So I gave him a LIST of chores and told him when I did them all, and my way, we could go to the store and he could buy it with his left over money. Well boy, he worked, and he did great! It was awfully weird sitting back and watching him clean everything. He even moved the couch and cleaned and vacuumed under the couch! It was great! A clean house and no work for me! Anyway, when he was finished with his very long list, (during which he often said, "I'm so tired mom!") we were off the Walmart for his drill set. He was really excited! Then he went to the shop and worked with daddy for an hour.

Needless to say, he is already wanting something already. And contrary to some scattered belief, I do not run out and buy Tragan everything he wants. He gets plenty from family! But unfortunately this time of year, with his birthday and Christmas so close together he thinks he is ruler of the free world for a while. So now we are getting back into the swing of things and he is slowly understanding once again that he doesn't get everything he wants, when he wants it. And thanks to the birthday money experience, he knows he has to EARN money to get things he wants. I like it! So you want to see what he is saving for now? Giggle all you want...
Yes, this pink, girly, hand mixer. Good thing he has a sister....

7 comments:

Robyn said...

With so many famous male chefs these days, you'd think they'd make all that stuff in blue too :) Funny how that hasn't caught on yet

ali-dot-e said...

That is too cute...Ethan thisks you get money at the money store (aka bank) When I tell him he doesn't have enough money he tells me to go the money store. If only it were that easy!!

Kati said...

That is SO AWESOME that he will clean! I am IMPRESSED!!! SOOOOOO---- Winner! I am going to give you an option of what you would like! (Remember forever ago you won a giveaway on my blog??) I make a great loaf of bread or a moby wrap?? I don't know if you have ever heard of the wraps- but you might be able to use them for your little girl or if you are planning on having more kids- i HIGHLY recommend having one- if that isn't going to be any use to you, I am sure you will love the bread :)

Utah Funeral Directors Cremation Center said...

That is great that you made him work for it. It's good for kids to learn that they have to earn their money. You look great and your kids are adorable!

Kati said...

Brit- I am SHOCKED that your family had similar problems- I thought we were the only physo family! Well at least I hoped :) GOod luck with it, and THANK YOU for your kind words! You are awesome!

melissa said...

HAHAHAHAHA, britny, that is so freakin cute!!!! I'm obsessed with your son!! I loved that post:)

Marci said...

SWEET! there's nothin better than a boy who cooks!