Updates on us Hills

We have all been miserably sick with colds. I was so out of it that when I was at the grocery store getting medicine, I grabbed the night time cold medicine and took it at 1pm. Good things my children were so compliant to take naps that day!! We didn't wake up for 4 hours. I won't be doing that again! Now I am reluctant to take anything really. But I get in some IBuprofun here and there. I am really excited for this to be gone!

McKenna's update:
Before her turn on the sick train she was taking quite a few steps, as I posted previously. Now she stopped. She cries if she is left standing with nothing to hang on to and slowly gets back down on all fours. Oh well, I'm in no hurry for her to walk. Although I tend to shed pounds quicker when they learn that motion!

She adores giving kisses! Actually she attacks you these days. She jumps up and down in your arms giggling and then plunges when you aren't expecting it. And all the while her open mouthed face is on your cheek you are praying she doesn't chomp down with the 6 razor sharp teeth she has! Sometimes you get lucky and she doesn't bite, but that's rare! Kenny and I have joked that she's a vampire because I read Twilight while I was pregnant with her.....hmmm....

Tragan's Update:
I have come to realize that as a parent you definitely know how much you don't and do know when you have children. Tragan asks numerous questions upon questions that in all honesty I thought was cute at first. Now it's just terrifying. Some are cute and funny. However now he has started asking what all our individual body parts are for. (Very definitive questions) He hasnt asked all of them. I'm still scared...

He has become quite the pal and companion. Since I have been sick, every time I cough he puts his hand on me and says very sympathetically "Are you okay mom? It will get better, I promise." He is such a stud. He has it out with Kenny because he says he is going to marry me when he gets big. Kenny objects and Tragan tells him off. I just laugh, I think it's great! Although I really need to get it on camera. He also has an obsession with Mama Mia. After I recognized that he was picking way too much up from the movie, we limited it to only the soundtrack. So now every time we are in the car that is all he wants to hear. And trust me, he could have a karoke contest with anyone who challenges him! He knows most all the words!! He sure loves to sing, and has great pitch. I hope he's a singer!

He has a love of doing dishes. So if you have a load, call him over! In all honesty, we came home from errands yesterday and as he walked in the door he BEGGED: Mom, can I PLLLEEEAAASSEEE do the dishes?? I laughed. He had already done the load with me this morning. I should make him sign a contract now and re- introduce it when he's 16.

Kenny's update:
The shop is going great. Kenny is doing an outstanding job holding the fort down with the help of a friend and his cousin. Business is steady, and we are making plans for a vacation! We don't know where yet. But if we are even considering it this year, then things are doing good! As for the tax update: Remember how our last bookeeper didn't pay taxes and then we found out we owed about 9 grand? Well we were set up on a payment plan to pay UT State Tax Commission 3,300 a month for 3 months. Turns out when I sent the check, I sent it to the IRS!! For those of you who don't know that...THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. I thought it was the IRS we owed, so I sent it to them. Good thing our accountant caught that and we were able to call both parties and clear things up. AND the biggest ease to the stress was the VERY kind lady at the Utah State Tax Commission put us on a plan to only pay 860 a month for a year and not 3,300 for 3 months. Which, HOLY COW saves our behinds. We didn't know how we were going to make it. Our prayers were answered. Now we're are all caught up on everything and we are getting our money back from the IRS. What a stress reliever!!

We are alive and well. Thanks for your prayers...we love ya!

3 comments:

ali-dot-e said...

Okay you're sick but what else about you? How are you doing? I miss you! That is Hilarious about Mckenna being a vampire! Tragan and Emilee should get together and sing Mamma Mia together! Love ya lots!

Marci said...

they are so cute! tragan will for sure grow out of that dish phase..mady used to do that to and now it's like pulling teeth to get her to put them in the dishwasher.:) thank you again for coming up there on saturday..that was so awesome of you!! hope you all feel better.

Nicole said...

Hi Britny! Miss you guys! I told Bailey about Tragan asking if she could come to his birthday party and she just laughed and Said"He is so cute!" Glad you are doing well and everything is working out with the shop. Take care and keep in touch!