Just put on a Smile



Aren't my kids adorable? It's amazing how much you can love these little children the Lord sends down to us. Although thats not exactly what I was feeling for the last week and 1/2. Tragan has been extremely difficult. I don't know that he has ever been this hard. Turned out Tragan didn't have strep, he had an ear infection. His eardrum burst twice that we know of, could be more. I don't know if it was because he was doted on, quite literally, 24/7 while he has been sick, but he now thinks he can't do anything on his own. And boy is it exhausting when I've got 2 to CARRY around! Not only has he been hard, Kenny worked over 80 hours this last week. Granted I'm used to him working a lot, but this week 3 days I didn't even see him because he had too much work that needed to be done that he didn't come home. I didn't realize how much I appreciate that little break when he gets home from work and the kids only are interested in him. Not having that for the time he didn't come home at all was twice as hard as it would have been normally if Tragan wasn't having these problems right now. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids more than anything in the world, and nothing can change that! We most definately need to have the bad times to appreciate the good ones! So I'm looking forward to some good times coming. Kenny and I need a vacation so badly! We are thinking of how to make it happen soon. The timing will never be perfect, with the business, the house, the babysitters, and callings, but we would never get anything done if we waited for the perfect time. Plus, I want to be spontaneous again, actually feel 22 rather than 40! Anyway, thanks for listening to my mumbo jumbo. I don't have a point to any of this, just venting. Starting anew. Let's make this day better than yesterday!

2 comments:

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Hey--I feel ya on needing some Mommy time! If you ever want to send your little guy over here for a while--to get out, sleep, or just BE--feel free! Our boys love to have somebody over to play with, and it seriously makes my life easier when they have someone else to play Transformers with! Anyway, call you tomorrow for walking if we go!

ali-dot-e said...

You are one tough cookie!! You are also a great mom! A vacation with Kenny sounds like a good plan-you should do it even if it is just overnight, I will cover for you with your calling. Tragan & Mckenna can even sleep over if babysiting is a problem... there you have it be spontaneous, go this weekend!! I mean it...do it now!