My itch for crafts only gets attention a handful of times a year. It is usually a toss up whether I can be proud of it or not, but when it works, I'm thrilled!! This is my most recent one. I wanted a new wreath for the front door, and as much I wanted a beautiful spring colored flowery one, this is more my style and match to my home. The best part was it only cost me 7 dollars and took me 20 mintues to make! I only needed these materials:
A wire hanger
1 and a half yards of burlap
Wide Ribbon
Glue gun, glue sticks

I only had to buy the burlap and ribbon, and I have left over ribbon. After following a few steps, I had an adorable new wreath that fits me :)
1. Bend hanger as straight as possible into a circle
2. Cut burlap into strips, betweeb 3 to 4 inches. But no need to make them all the same exact.
3. Weave the hanger through the burlap strips and scrunch together.
4. Add dots of hot glue between strips and the hanger to keep it from all slipping and gathering to the bottom.
5. Tie ribbon from the top and hang on your door!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do :) Happy Spring!

No comments: