His poor feet...


Tragan has complained of his feet hurting since he could talk. I always thought it was because he wanted in on the end of the day foot rubs kenny and I swapped. However we don't have time for those much anymore and Tragans complaints of feet aches consisted. Even while he was playing with friends during the day he would seem miserable. Yes, I tried all sorts of shoes. Nothing worked. So we made a visit to the pediotrist. The poor child has 'significantly bad' flat feet. And in his ankles there are two bones that should have about a cenemeter of space between them, and his are overlapping. So he suggested orthotics until he's 6, and then if it has not corrected by then, he needs surgery between ages 6 and 12.

At least he liked the cool feeling of the plaster molding they took of his feet! We'll see how he stands the orthotics in his shoe. I wish I would have taken him to see a doctor earlier! Poor kid! He didn't have a chance it seems, both my side and Kenny's side have bad flat feet. And so it lives on! BLAH!

3 comments:

FitNotQuitJess said...

Poor thing. Hopefully the orthotics will help him play better.

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Poor little guy! At least now you know what it is!

melissa said...

oh dang it!! i just think of how cute tragan is and it breaks my heart. i hate that kids have to go through things like that! good luck with everything:)